Best selling author Tim Ferriss has revolutionized the health and fitness industry with his recent book The Four Hour Body. In it, Ferriss details his years of in-depth testing, measuring, and tracking of personal physical changes brought about by self-experimentation of some of the world’s most popular diet, exercise, and health improvement programs. Among the ways Ferriss measured and tracked his health was through specialized laboratory testing of his body fat, hormones, food allergies, toxic heavy metals and much more. Many of the tests utilized by Ferriss and recommended in The Four Hour Body are tests that Causenta offers its clients.
Specific tests that Ferriss recommends in The Four Hour Body that we offer at Causenta are listed below:
Four Hour Body Recommended Tests for Men:
- Testosterone (total and free)
- Luteinizing hormone (LH)
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA)
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and DHEA-S
Four Hour Body Recommended Tests for Females:
- Thyroid panel
- DHEA and DHEA-S
Four Hour Body Recommended Tests for Inflammatory markers:
These tests are used to assess your risk for heart disease and diabetes.
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP)
- Glyco A1C
- Basic blood chemistry panel: red and white blood cells, metabolic profile, cholesterol, lipids (LDL, HDL, triglycerides)
- Liver enzymes: alanine transaminase (ALT) and aspartate transaminase (AST)
Other Recommended Tests:
- Bod Pod body fat testing
- Vitamin D status
- Berkeley Heart Labs or Advanced Cardio Lipid Panel
- Food Allergy Testing
- Doctor’s Data Urine Toxic Metals
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis and Parasitology
- SpectraCell Nutrient Testing
This covers the testing recommended by Ferriss in The Four Hour Body, but it is only a small sample of the hundreds of tests we have available for our clients at Causenta. We can also provide these tests to anyone, anywhere in the US.
As stated in the book, many of these tests may be covered by insurance, but that will depend on your plan and your provider. Cash prices and payment plans are also available. For more information on any of these tests, to determine your insurance coverage, or to set up an initial consultation to discuss testing, please contact us at (480) 883-7240.