Classification of Food Sensitivities
A graphical example of all the types of food sensitivities.
Causes of Food Sensitivities
There are many causes of food sensitivities:
- Genetics – children of parents with food allergies have an increased risk of developing food allergies
- Immune status – an immature immune system in children may explain their increased susceptibility to food intolerances and food allergies. As the child’s immune system develops, the food allergies and intolerances generally subside, although allergies to peanuts and tree nuts tend to persist.
- Gastrointestinal/mucosal barrier permeability – increased gut permeability (“leaky-gut syndrome”) allows allergenic proteins to enter the bloodstream before they are broken down into their innocuous parts
- A triggering event – viral gastroenteritis, for example, can lead to subsequent food intolerances
- Environment – an increase in birch tree pollen in the air, for example, can exacerbate normally mild allergies to apple, carrot, celery, potato, orange, and tomato
- Exercise – eating an allergenic food before exercise can cause food-dependent exercise-induced anaphylaxis
- Drug-dependent food allergy – taking salicylates like Aspirin can increase the severity of food allergies
- Co-ingestion of multiple allergens – the ingestion of a single allergenic protein may not lead to an immune response, but the compounding effect of multiple allergens simultaneously may overwhelm the immune system and create an adverse reaction
Schedule your food sensitivity test today. Call (480) 883-7240.
Hear Straight from Our Patients
*These are not paid endorsements
72-year-old Marie tried everything: traditional chemotherapy, immunotherapy in Mexico but nothing was successful. Her breast cancer returned three times. Causenta took her from a death sentence to a dead tumor. Now she can finally say she beat breast cancer for good.
Carson was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. When she came to Causenta, she was in a wheelchair and was so weak. Watch as the family shares her beautiful story of transformation. She gained 40 lbs working out in the gym with our elite coaches and beat her cancer.
84 year old Letty was diagnosed with Stage 4 blood cancer and could hardly walk when she arrived. What seemed to be a death sentence is now a much healthier life. Watch as Letty’s family explains the level of care at Causenta.
See what Diane has to say about Dr. Tom’s approach and why she believes in her body’s abilities now more than ever.
Find out how Causenta’s cutting edge technologies and supplements are improving Devin’s life after testicular cancer.
Marie’s breast cancer recurrence led her to find a second family away from home at Causenta. Watch to see how her experience at Causenta differs from her first fight with breast cancer.