Hypoallergenic Cookbook: Bison Black Bean Chili
Another recipe from our hypoallergenic meal plan.
Bison Black Bean Chili
- 2 pounds ground bison
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes optional
Avocado pictured was used only for garnish.
- In a large skillet, cook the meat, onions, and garlic until the meat is brown and the onions are tender. Do not drain!
- Place meat/onion/garlic mixture and all other ingredients (except beans) into a large crockpot. Cook on high for 5-6 hours, or low for 10-12 hours, stirring occasionally.
- As the chili is nearing completion, you can skim off any fat with a spoon as it will pool on top of the chili as it simmers.
- Approximately one hour before the chili is finished, drain and rinse the beans and add them to the crock pot.
About 1 1/2 cup serving size: