The Bod Pod is the easiest and most accurate method of tracking body composition and body fat, but there are some things you need to do in order to receive the most accurate and consistent results. The following list includes the guidelines you need to follow before every Bod Pod body fat test you take in order to ensure the best results.
- Don’t eat or drink for at least 3 hours prior to the test. That means no food and no liquids. Try to fast for the same amount of time before each follow-up test. For most people, this makes a morning test the easiest option.
- Don’t exercise for at least 3 hours prior to the test. If you exercise prior to your test you can get inaccurate results.
- Wear form fitting clothing. HHS can provide clean shorts and swim caps if you don’t have any.
- Men should wear spandex or lycra shorts without underwear and a swim cap.
- Women should wear either spandex or lycra shorts with a sports bra or a spandex/lycra swimsuit and a swim cap.
- Don’t apply any lotions or skin creams prior to your test.
- Don’t wear any jewelry. If you have jewelry you can’t take off, it’s ok if you leave it on for the test as long as you keep it on during your follow-up tests.
- Note how much body hair you have. If you shave any of your body or facial hair the day before your first test, make sure you shave it again the day before your follow-up tests. Even changes in the amount of arm or leg hair can make a difference in your results.
- Women, watch what day in your cycle you have the test performed. Measuring yourself during the same time every cycle is preferable to the same day every month due to fluctuations in water weight.
The Bod Pod is an extremely sensitive machine, so being consistent with the seven guidelines listed above will ensure that your Bod Pod test results will be as accurate and consistent as possible.
To schedule an appointment for a Bod Pod in Scottsdale test, call
(480) 883-7240 today!