This recipe comes from our upcoming hypoallergenic meal plan. It is free of any shellfish, dairy, eggs, wheat/gluten, tree nuts, peanuts, and soy.
Zucchini and Lentil Summer Salad
- 8 zucchini
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 cups cooked lentils
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a lemon juiced
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- salt an pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini into thin, noodle-like strips (a mandoline works well for this). Lightly salt the zucchini slices and place them in a colander to “sweat” for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the zucchini and boil it for one minute. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pre-cooked lentils, tomatoes, vinegar, oil, lemon juice, onions, and zucchini until well coated. Chill for one hour then serve.